Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 22 million customers across five countries.
Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Together we work hard to give our customers a better experience and are always looking for ways to improve in everything we do. That’s why our people are critical to our success. Our unique environment helps everyone to do their best work, fulfill their potential and achieve great things together
More info can be found here: https://corporate.sky.com/about-sky/ataglance/sky-plc
What makes Sky such a special place to work?
It’s not just a slogan. Put simply, Believe in Better is our DNA. It’s how we approach everything; from creating game-changing entertainment and making our products effortless to use, to our constant focus on providing great service. We’re never satisfied and always want to do more – whether that’s for our millions of customers or the thousands of people who work for us.
Click here to find out how believing in better shapes every aspect of life at Sky: http://careers.sky.com/life-at-sky
How do you embrace Diversity at Sky?
From designing new and innovative products, to coming up with ideas for great TV, our business needs the very best people to come together every day to make great things happen. We know we’ll be better placed for success if we have a diverse and balanced workforce that reflects our customers. We believe that everyone should have full and fair consideration for all vacancies, promotions, training and development. That’s why we’re committed to championing inclusion and promoting a culture of opportunity for all.
Do you have an internal women’s network at Sky?
Overall we have the Women in Leadership Programme, which sponsorship and development plays a big part. At the moment there are over 200 women on the sponsorship and development programme. Different parts of the businesses have networks, for example, Finance have a women’s network where they meet for events with senior female leaders in finance, and they also have a weekly netball match.
What can a potential candidate expect during the interviewing process?
The recruitment process at Sky is a journey of discovery. More than just the interview it’s an opportunity to see what life at Sky is like. From a career perspective candidates will begin to understand how the opportunity they’re applying for contributes to the bigger picture. They’ll also get to see our amazing onsite facilities, meet our brilliant people and experience our great culture.
What do you look for in a potential candidate?
Outside of specific technical requirements, it goes with saying that candidates should have genuine desire to work here. They should be passionate about their career, willing to drive change and challenge the status quo and most importantly be able to engage with a diverse range of people.
What benefits or reward programmes do you provide for employees (eg Maternity, Bonus schemes)?
- Free Sky Q (One off payment required for installation), broadband and discounted Talk.
- Sky Pension Plan – you’ll automatically be enrolled into the Sky Pension Plan after you’ve been with us for three months. There’s also free life assurance (dependants will receive from two to four times your salary depending on your circumstances) and ill health cover.
- Healthcare plan – the health of our people is important to us so we’ll provide you with a competitive healthcare plan.
- Sky Choices – you can save on childcare costs, travel season tickets, mobile phones and cheaper shopping through retail vouchers.
- Dental insurance – discounted dental insurance for you and your family with a leading UK provider.
- Sky Share Save scheme – we’ll give you the opportunity to gain from our success through the Sky Share Save scheme, which means that you’ll benefit as our share price rises.
- Sky Benefits Extra – we’ve arranged special discounts across a wide range of goods and services just for you.
- Gym benefits – discounted membership at many high street gyms, saving employees around £200 per annum.
- Holidays – 25 days’ annual entitlement plus up to five extra days per year, the longer you stay with us. (Holiday entitlements may vary depending on location and business area.)
- Great support for working parents including generous maternity benefits with 6 months at full pay for those with the required length of service.
- A range of recognition schemes providing great prizes for our people who live and breathe our values.
- Make a Difference – whatever good cause you want to support, we’ll help you with time off, donations or help raising funds.
- Our Sky Family care gives you up to 6 free emergency and back up care sessions to look after a family member when you need it the most
Do you provide training for your staff?
Our MySky Development website, brings together fresh thinking and resources to help you learn and develop. Topics cover a range of areas from building resilience to mindfulness.
What is your approach to flexible working?
Flexible working – we have a clear and on-going commitment to a whole range of flexible working options depending on the job you do.
Are there any statistics that you are particularly proud off, eg number of women on your board, attrition rates, number of awards won?
- Increased women in senior leadership positions from 31 to %
- 83% of vacancies had a gender balanced shortlist
- Were finalists for “Best Company” and “Business Person of the year” at The Icon Awards.
- Won the “Employer Award” at the Wise Awards for being a top employer for women in STEM.
- We were named in the Inclusive Top 50 UK employers list.
- We were the most admired media company (2015).
Other achievements and memberships can be found here: http://careers.sky.com/inclusivity.