WeAreTheCity is partnering with City and Financial Global for the Women in Finance Summit 2017 giving our readers a 20% discount on tickets to the one-day conference.
When: 24 January 2017
Where: Central London
On 8 November, HM Treasury announced that 93 firms across the financial services sector have now signed the Women in Finance Charter, which reflects the UK government’s aspiration to see gender balance at all levels across financial services firms. These firms have committed to promote gender diversity by implementing key industry actions as recommended in their Review into the representation of women in senior managerial positions in financial services, by Jayne -Anne Gadhia, CEO, Virgin Money, published on 22 March.
The conference will review the practical aspects of implementing HM Treasury’s Charter on Women in Finance Services, as well as promote effective corporate strategies for creating gender diversity at all levels of leadership. Its interactive format will offer attendees an opportunity to have a diverse and well-informed dialogue about the progression of women into senior roles in the financial services sector by focusing on the executive pipeline and the mid-tier level.
Our exclusive speaker line-up includes:
- Simon Kirby MP, Economic Secretary, HM Treasury
- Jayne-Anne Gadhia, CEO, Virgin Money
- Angela Sun, Chief of Staff to the CEO & President of Bloomberg
- Megan Butler, Director of Supervision – Investment, Wholesale and Specialist, & Member of The Executive Committee, FCA
- Helena Morrissey CBE, Chair, Newton, Chair of The Investment Association (IA) and Founder 30% Club
- Pamela Hutchinson, Head of Diversity and Inclusion EMEA, Bloomberg
- Claire Cockerton, CEO, Plexal
Key topics are:
- What is the UK Government’s strategy for ensuring that the potential of women in the boardroom and in the senior management of the financial services industry is being realised?
- Enhancing female leadership, empowering productivity and harnessing the talents of women in financial services
- Reviewing European approaches to tackle the underrepresentation of women at the top of regional businesses
- Forging the path to greater diversity. Is your firm’s diversity programme making an essential contribution to the career progression of women in your organisation? How will Brexit affect gender diversity in the City?
- Creating a framework in your company for successful delivery of your women’s talent strategy: key considerations for the financial services sector
- What are the key components to a successful career in the financial services industry? Insights from successful women in the financial services world
As demand for attendance at the event is likely to be high, early booking is recommended.
The full event programme and confirmed speakers can be viewed on the event website by clicking the link below.
Delegate Fee: £595 + VAT. Discounted fee with code: £476.00 + VAT
Use code WIF1WATC at the submit payment stage if booking online or email [email protected] or telephone (0) 1932 340115 quoting the code in either instance.
(Includes speaker list, programme, registration fees etc)