The Medical Women’s Federation is a membership organisation which aims to support women throughout their careers; from students where we offer bursaries, grants and prizes, right the way through to retirement, where we ask elder members of the federation to support and mentor the younger members. We aim to lobby the government on behalf of our members regarding current affairs which affect women in medicine.
Our ultimate aim is to see more women in leadership roles within medicine.
Networking Group address: http://www.medicalwomensfederation.org.uk/
We welcome medical women from all specialties and backgrounds. In every stage of your medical career you will find an unrivalled network of women doctors through MWF. Whether you are looking for support or willing to provide it, with the MWF you can help us shape the future!
- Medical Woman – Our in-house magazine is issued twice a year in both paper and online formats
- Grants, prizes and bursaries – for both students and Junior Doctors
- Support with Awards – we are a nominating body for ACCEA and give support with individual applications from women. We also nominate Medical Women for the Women in the City Award and the Woman of Achievement Award.
- Networking oportunities – we hold small networking events in our local groups and hold 2 national conferences a year
- MWF is a supportive community which will help boost your CV, confidence and career through to retirement!
Click here to become a member!