Event Type Conference
Kindly hosted by Simmons & Simmons Join First 100 Years for our flagship event, the SPARK21 conference, on 7th
Kindly hosted by Simmons & Simmons
Join First 100 Years for our flagship event, the SPARK21 conference, on 7th November 2018.
The conference is a one-day event with four keynote speakers, a selection of insightful panel discussions and a drinks reception to finish.
09.00 – 09:20 Registration and Coffee
09:20 – 09:30 Welcome
09:30 – 10.00 Keynote Speech followed by Q&A: Lord Chancellor, David Gauke
10:00 – 11:00 Views from Outside the Law Panel
- Anjali Pindoria, Project Surveyor, Avi Contracts
- Sarah Langford, Barrister turned author, In Your Defence
- Leonora Saunders, Photographer
- Dr Helen McCarthy, Historian, University of Cambridge
- Dr Jess Wade, Physics Research Associate, Imperial College London
11:00 –11:30 Tea Break
11:30 – 12:00 Keynote Speech followed by Q&A: Dany Cotton, Commissioner of the London Fire Brigade
12:00 – 12:30 Keynote Speech: Rowena Collins Rice, Director General of the Attorney General’s Office
12:30 – 13:10 Lunch
13:10 – 14:10 Networking Panel
- Caroline Kenny, Facebook
- Laura Matthews, Debenhams
- Lara Oyesanya, Klarna
- Jemilla Olufeko, ROLI Group
- Lucy Barbet, 11KBW
14:10 – 14:25 Networking Tips
14:25 – 15:25 Leadership and Pay Panel
- Dr Shola Mos-Stogbamimu, Women in Leadership Magazine
- Harini Iyengar, 11KBW, Women’s Equality Party
- John Van Der Luit-Drummond, Legal 500
15:25 – 15:45 Tea Break
15:45 – 16:45 Accessibility Panel
- Mary Bonsor, F-LEX
- Katrin Nikolova, Amazon
- Rachel Lipscomb OBE, Magistrates’ Association
- Karen Whyte, CILEx
- Marjana Uddin, BBC
16:45 – 17:30 ‘In Conversation’ with Christina Blacklaws and Amanda Pinto QC
17:30 – 17:50 Closing speech: Rebecca Hilsenrath, Chief Legal Officer to the Equality and Human Rights Commission
17:50 – 19:00 Drinks Reception with These Four Walls Exhibition
Tickets include refreshments throughout the day, access to the full day of panel discussions, interviews and speeches and the drinks reception to finish.
The prices above are recommended donation amounts. Buying a ticket helps us to tell the stories of inspirational women who have made an impact in the law in the last 100 years, to ensure we inspire women for the next 100 years.
Testimonials from last year’s conference:
– “Invigorating and inspirational”
– “Reminded me that I have a responsibility to be a role model”
– “Extremely inspirational and reminded me to ‘pass on the baton'”
(Wednesday) 09:00 - 17:30
Simmons & Simmons
1 Ropemaker Street
Are you interested in doing business with multi-national corporations like Intel, IBM, Accenture and Bristol-Myers Squibb? Then this conference is for you! WEConnect
Are you interested in doing business with multi-national corporations like Intel, IBM, Accenture and Bristol-Myers Squibb?
Then this conference is for you! WEConnect International is a corporate-led non-profit and their goal is to connect more majority women owned businesses into the corporate supply chain.
Both days of the conference will be chock-full with talks, presentations and breakout sessions based on the conference theme of ‘community, connections and collaboration’ and throughout the event, there will be excellent opportunities to network and connect with both women business owners and representatives from WEConnect International’s corporate members including our conference sponsors Intel, Accenture, Bristol-Myers Squibb, IBM, MSD, Dun & Bradstreet and Goldman Sachs.
If you haven’t been to the WEConnect International Europe Conference before, you can find out more about the event by watching a short video from last year’s event here.
So, if you’re interested in growing your women-owned business and understanding more about working successfully with multinational corporations, this conference is not to be missed!
More information including the full agenda and speaker profiles can be found on the conference website can be found online here: https://weconnecteurope.org/event/weconnect-international-europe-conference-2018
15 per cent discount on tickets!
When booking, please use the discount code ‘WECI2018’ – to take advantage of a special 15% discount code on the tickets for ‘All Other Attendees’.
You may also like to consider registering your business with WEConnect International. It’s free to self-register your business and it can be done online here: https://weconnectinternational.org/en/womens-business-enterprises/self-registration – this will enable you book cheaper tickets to the conference and going forward you will get visibility on procurement opportunities that could be relevant for your business.
If you have any other questions at all or would like more detail about the conference or WEConnect International’s other activities, please don’t hesitate to contact their Executive Director for Europe, Maggie Berry, on +44 (0)7776 302 906 or [email protected].
november 8 (Thursday) - 9 (Friday)
Hilton London Paddington
Join up to 100 LCCI PA Club members for a venue visit and drinks reception with a difference at Good
Join up to 100 LCCI PA Club members for a venue visit and drinks reception with a difference at Good Hotel London. We will be treated to complimentary drinks and canapés, a treasure hunt where guests will have the chance to win one of several prizes, plus FOOD Lab will be delivering live chocolate tasting presentations and NARS Cosmetics will be running free makeup demonstrations and mini-makeovers. More details to be released soon!
Our Host: Good Hotel London is a young company with a highly innovative concept. The hotel employs aprofit for non-profitbusiness model, which means that it directly contributes to its very own community welfare project and its partner NGO; Niños de Guatemala. Furthermore, throughout the daily operations, the Good Hotel team provides hospitality training programs to long-term unemployed locals. All in all, doing business with a GOODconscious!
(Thursday) 18:30 - 20:30
Good Hotel London
Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, E16 1FA
Join Hemsley Fraser for their new Autumn 2018 learning event which will be filled to the brim
Join Hemsley Fraser for their new Autumn 2018 learning event which will be filled to the brim with opportunities for you to learn and engage more closely with issues that affect your working day.
The day will be bursting with informative learning sessions from talented trainers, award winning speakers that have worked their way up the corporate ladder as well office icons that have experienced the ups and downs of being an office professional.
The new autumn PA Conference will take place at: London, etc.venues, St Pauls – 200 Aldersgate. How to get there.
Please find below your programme for the day:
- 09.00 – 09.30 Registration, Breakfast Pastries and Networking
- 09.30 – 09.40 Welcome and Introductions
- 09.40 – 10.40 Session 1 – The Power of Profile with Vanessa Vallely
- 10.40 – 11.40 Session 2: Earning your Place at the Table – Making an Impact in Meetings and Note Taking with Dani Littlejohn
- 11.40 – 12.00 Refreshments
- 12.00 – 12.30 Session 3 The Magic Ingredient to Wellbeing with Lorraine Groves
- 12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
- 13.30 – 13.45 Session 4: NoWww breathing exercises with Lorraine Groves
- 13.45 – 14.45 Session 5 Taking the Reins: Game Changing Ways to Manage your Manager with Ian Caldecourt
- 14.45 – 15.05 Refreshments
- 15.05 – 16.05 Session 6: Abracadabra : The Magic of Words with Lindsay Taylor
- 16.05 – 17.05 Session 7: Time and Self-Management for the Busy Office Professional
- 17.05 – 18.05 Drinks reception
Session 1: The Power of Profile with Vanessa Vallely
Personal profile can be one of the most powerful elements in your business armoury, but you have to know what tools and techniques will help you build it, protect it and drive your success. Culturally, many people are brought up not to “toot your own horns” or “shout about our successes”, but in today’s highly competitive world if you don’t stand out you’re likely to watch those with profile pass you by on their way to the top.
Throughout this interactive and practical session Vanessa will share stories from her career about how she rose from project analyst to COO and launched two successful businesses in less than six years. Vanessa will provide the top tips she’s picked up in corporates, as an entrepreneur and as a network leader on how to become comfortable with raising your profile, including:
- How to stop feeling like an imposter
- Thinking about ”who” your personal brand is
- The Importance of networking
- Speed networking – getting to know your fellow guests
- Optimising your social media profiles for your professional life
- Coach, Mentor, Sponsor – who will help you drive your career
- The importance of giving back
Session 2: Earning your Place at the Table – Making an Impact in Meetings and Note Taking with Dani Littlejohn
- How to prepare for the meeting
- Make a confident first impression
- Get others to listen to your ideas
- Provide effective, efficient notes of the event
Session 3: The Magic Ingredient to Wellbeing with Lorraine Groves
How flexible are you? Before you straighten your legs and bend over to touch your toes, I don’t mean physical flexibility but psychological flexibility. We live in one of the most exciting times in history, with rapidity of change, however this can bring ambiguity, stress, anxiety or confusion. When we lack the skills to be flexible in our approach, or are unwilling to change the things that aren’t working for us, things can seem overwhelming. It is easy to get stuck in place. How we adapt to the demands of life affects our wellbeing.
This session will cover:
- The magic ingredient of psychological flexibility
- How paying attention to the present moment can help you become unstuck
- How to transform your relationship with challenging emotions, thoughts and feelings
- Some (mental) exercises to cultivate psychological flexibility
Session 4: The Magical Spell of NOWww with Lorraine Grove
A spell is a set of words that are spoken or unspoken, which are considered to invoke a magical effect. The magical spell of NOWww is a brief yet highly effective breathing exercise that can be done anywhere, at any time and uses our five senses to bring awareness to the present moment to increase wellbeing. We are already in the Now, but not always aware of being in the Now. Using your breath and your five senses as focus, you can notice how your body feels right now; be open to your current experience (and observe); and be willing to experience everything as it is, to allow your body and brain to come together as a whole, which promotes wellbeing.
N – notice
O – openness (to experience; observe)
W – willing (be willing to experience everything as it is, and accept things as they are, without trying to change them)
w – whole (allow the body and brain to come together as a whole)
w – wellbeing
NOWww, what would your magical spell be to bring awareness to the present moment?
Session 5: Taking the Reins: Game Changing Ways to Manage your Manager
We all have to work with a boss, but sometimes they don’t see things in the quite the same way as us. This session will look at the different ways our brains can look at a problem or situation and how we look to solve it. By using these techniques we can help our boss succeed and feel that we have had a positive influence on the situations.
This will help us ‘Manage our Manager’ for optimum results
The session will cover:
- The way we think and solve problems
- Understanding issues from a different perspective
- Developing techniques to manage upwards
Session 6: Abracadabra : The Magic of Words with Lindsay Taylor
“Words have a power, a magic to them that can transport you to a different place; that can evoke feelings, sounds, movements and images. One word, no matter how many letters it contains, how many syllables or beats there are to it, can hold vast meaning. One word, spoken or heard, can create a wave of implications and consequences. Consequences good or bad. Implications positive or negative. Magic.” Lindsay Taylor
At this interactive session we will explore The Magic of Words. You will learn:
- To appreciate that words mean different things to different people
- How to use sensory rich words to engage your audience
- The benefit of using motivational words to achieve goals and outcomes
- How to “change your label” to promote positive thinking
Session 7: Time and Self Management for the Busy Office Professional with Ian Caldecourt
We all feel stretched and there is always so much to do! Balancing work and life isn’t always easy but essential to succeed in your career. This session will cover how to manage your time, both in and out of work, so you get the most out of your day.
The session will cover:
- Planning your working day
- Maintaining a realistic schedule
- Saying no when it really matters
- Staying positive throughout the day
(Thursday) 09:00 - 19:00
St Pauls - 200 Aldersgate