SheSays is an award-winning organization running free mentorship and events to women in the creative industry.
Why? Because we want to see more women at the top. So browse around, sign-up for a chapter in your city and join any of our free events.
SheSays is an award-winning global organization focused on the engagement, education and advancement of women in the creative industries.
Founded in 2007, we have presence in 40 cities around the world with an estimated 40,000 members.
- Monthly events in cities around the world where members suggest the topics they want to hear about.
- A free mentorship scheme called ‘who’s your momma?’ in selected cities.
- Key global events throughout the year (awards, screenings, meetups and conferences).
We believe in stopping gender leadership imbalance by focusing on exposing our collective voices, not just the one of a happy few. And we do this by being a non-hierarchical action-based organization where:
- Members have a say and our events and mentorship are free. Most organizations are committee based and people have to dish out some cash to be able to participate in the conversation.
- We answer to nobody except our members. So yes, we are not for profit which gives us immense freedom to best serve our collective.
- There are no barriers for entry and everyone can learn and participate in changing the ratio of women leaders in the creative industries.
- We don’t just discuss women’s issues, we discuss topics that will improve our careers. And we do this almost everyday around the globe.
Even though we are called SheSays, we’re all about doing things and we have pioneered a bunch of actions in the women’s space including:
- The 1st – and largest – global network for creative women
- The 1st representation of women creatives in the White House (US) and No.10 (UK)
- The 1st women entrepreneurs meet creatives conference
- The 1st wearable award
- The 1st women only hackathon
- The 1st to do speed mentoring events
- The 1st to create a list of women in the creative industry
- The 1st Women Directors Festival in Cannes
More about SheSays:
- We’re 10 years old
- We generated over 500 events with over 1000 speakers
- We have a presence in 14 countries, 40 cities
- We have grown to over 40,000 members just by word of mouth
- We carry out 7-10 events every month around the world
- We have mentored approx 400 women in 5 main cities
- New Media Age has given us this award “Greatest Individual Contribution to New Media”