Crowne Plaza teams up with Olympic triathlete turned trainer Tim Weeks to offer guests productivity boosting running programme
“Renowned fitness trainer Tim Weeks puts Crowne Plaza London – The City guests through their paces as he launches productivity boosting running routes as part of a series of pilot trials”
Crowne Plaza today announces ‘Running for Success’ to launch a series of pilots in selected hotels across Europe, designed to ensure guests are energised and at their best during their stay. This unique programme of runs, curated in collaboration with, and led by, former Olympian and wellbeing expert Tim Weeks, is designed to give guests at Crowne Plaza London – The City a much needed boost to productivity that is often lost as a result of travelling.
‘Running for Success’ consists of four jogging routes in London, each of which has been designed to inspire guests to achieve a personal goal and boost productivity levels as they pound the pavements. By working with Weeks to get guests running, Crowne Plaza is taking the chore out of exercise in a bid to boost well-being and energy. Each of the runs starts at the in-hotel Run Station one of several new innovations being piloted in the hotel, which provides guests with complimentary refreshments and towels as well as the easy-to-follow run maps, making it easy and straightforward to maintain their usual exercise regime when travelling.
It’s no secret that endorphins released after exercise can give people a buzz, but regular activity can also help re-energise the brain when it starts to become exhausted through the stresses of daily life. Researchers claim that exercise such as a walk or a run may be better than a nap or cup of coffee for boosting energy and fighting fatigue.
Aerobic exercise has also been found to boost the functions that are relied upon in the workplace. Research* on older adults found that regular aerobic exercise can boost the executive functions (the set of higher order mental skills that allow humans to plan and organise, make considered decisions, manage time and focus attention) that typically deteriorate with age.
Tim Weeks comments: “Busy people want things to be quick, hassle free and simple, including how they exercise. We need to ensure that the way travellers live, work, and interact, is healthy, otherwise they won’t get the best out of their trip, and to do that the healthy choice needs to be the easy choice.
‘Running for Success’ is a brilliant concept that ticks all of those boxes by providing travellers with inspirational yet simple running routes and the right fuel they need to take these on.
Running acts as a catalyst to improve productivity; it pumps you up, it improves your confidence, it increases your capacity, it inspires creativity, and it builds momentum. While others are struggling to get their day started in the office, Crowne Plaza guests who have taken advantage of the Run Station and healthy Breakfast To Go boxes will have the ability to hit the ground running. ”
Tom Rowntree, IHG’s Vice President Brand Management Upscale and Luxury Brands adds:
“We’re delighted to be working with Tim Weeks to launch our London pilot. This is all part of our focus on helping our guests get what they want out of their stay and enhancing their productivity. We want to help our guests refuel and re-energise so they can be at the top of their game. Tim Weeks takes Olympic training methods and applies them to transform people’s lives. So it’s great to have him on board to not only host a series of guest runs but to pass on some of his invaluable expertise on how to stay energised and be at your best.”
Tim Weeks’ top tips for keeping energised and healthy:
- Regular exercise increases energy and reduces fatigue so next time you feel tired go for a walk instead of reaching for a cup of coffee
- Exercise early in the day. However well-intentioned people are, if you don’t exercise in the morning, you just end up on the treadmill called life and other things will squeeze exercise out
- Make it easier to succeed at your exercise goal by building bullet proof systems into your lifestyle. For example, the night before you go running lay all your kit out and prepare some breakfast to grab on the go post run
- Partner up with a friend or colleague to run as you’ll keep each other motivated and enjoy the social benefits of exercise with someone else
- Running in a natural environment is proven to offer more mental health benefits than running on a treadmill at the gym so make sure you take your exercise outdoors as often as possible
- Running is so simple: it’s just you, your body, and off you go. Wherever, and whenever. All you need is a pair of trainers so no excuses, get jogging!
‘Running for Success’ is available for all hotel guests staying at Crowne Plaza London – The City. Tim Weeks will be hosting a series of guest runs during October.
For further information and bookings visit www.ihg.com/crowneplaza