To help National Audit Office (NAO) further develop their financial audit practice, they are looking to recruit Audit Managers who bring fresh skills and expertise to supplement their existing strong skill base and who will, therefore, be able to contribute to the continued development of their financial audit practice. They are looking for candidates who have experience of delivering high quality financial audits gained in a highly professional external audit environment along with expertise in one of the following areas:
- Working in a Centre of Expertise providing assurance over complex transactions and balances across the public sector.
- Auditing Shared Service or complex IT environments.
- Auditing companies – particularly in the financial services or media sectors.
- Leading change and development of the financial audit practice.
Audit Managers in their Financial Audit practice lead teams to deliver a portfolio of audit work which leads to the certification of their clients’ accounts. They deliver high quality IT-enabled audit work to international auditing standards. Their insights and the value they add not only benefits their clients but also informs their other work – including their value-for-money studies and investigations. They are looking for candidates who can make a significant contribution to their financial audit practice by delivering high quality audits and applying their expertise across their practice.
The successful candidates will be able to offer the following:
- CCAB qualified
- Track record of delivering high quality financial audit work and technical audit judgements gained in a highly professional external audit environment
- Client and external stakeholder management skills required to secure influence, impact and to add value
- People and team management skills required to motivate, develop and maximise performance
- Collaboration skills and ability to engage well with a diverse range of individuals in an inclusive way to deliver a team effort
- Track record of driving and supporting positive change in how audits are delivered and in the wider organisation
- Ability to communicate complex points clearly and concisely in writing and orally
For further details on these opportunities and what we’re looking for, please refer to the job description.
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. They are not able to sponsor work visas.