The Windows Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. A Windows analyst is required to work in the L3 Windows Operations Server team, providing the highest level of support of core Windows and AD infrastructure components, as well as Virtualisation technologies.
The role is based around operational stability and production engineering of a large global environment of 12000+ Microsoft Windows servers. An additional key component of this role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment. The core responsibilities of this role include:
– Maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
– Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks.
– Responding to L1 and L2 escalations.
– Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment.
– Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
– Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
– Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes via problem management
– Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
– Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base, regularly re-evaluating processes and procedures.
– Dissemination of knowledge amongst colleagues.
– Integrate and Interact with regional & global colleagues, providing innovative ideas.
– Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary.
– Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
– Help to identify opportunities for process improvement or synergies across the business.
– Evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forwards in a productive manner.
– Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
– Work with Engineering groups to deliver value to customers.
– Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
There is also a requirement for participation in an oncall rota, which is cycled between 10 people at present. Additional requirements will be for major environment events such as powerdowns and disaster recovery. The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities – preferably in a global environment and demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to learn new things, as well as be willing to learn things about technologies he/she may think they already know very well.
– Windows Operating System – 2003 and 2008R2
– Understanding of virtualisation technologies: XenDesktop, XenApp, vCenter, ESX, HyperV, AppV
– Scripting skills (Powershell)
– Clustering and Storage Management technologies: Microsoft, Veritas HA, SFW
– Knowledge of Data Warehouse
– Microsoft SQL Databases / Reporting
– Understanding of Network layers
– Microsoft core services: DFS, DFS-R, DNS, WINS, FTP, Printing
– Understanding of ITIL
– Effective communication skills- written and verbal – liaising with colleagues and management regularly
– Flexibility and team player
– Ability to learn quickly
– Ability to multi-task and manage own workload with focus on effective and efficient delivery.
– Adaptable to an ever changing workload.
– SQL 2008 Administration
– Active Directory knowledge
– Vulnerability Patching products: for example, Bigfix, WSUS, Shavlink
– System Centre technologies: SCCM/SCOM
– Project Management
– Experience of Platform build tools
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Start Date ASAP
Salary Competitive plus Benefits
Recruiting Company Summary
|Company Name:||Morgan Stanley|
Contact Daniel Rowan
Posted Date 08/14/2013 06:16:00