Since 2015, WeAreTheCity’s Rising Star awards have highlighted the achievements of over 400 future leaders and role models across a variety of different industries and professions.
To celebrate the Rising Star Award’s fifth birthday, we are inviting you to nominate an amazing woman. The nominations process for all categories, our Rising Star Champions and Company of the Year award opened on 01 February 2018. Nominations will take place online via the Rising Stars website. For details of the criteria to enter the awards, visit here.
We are proud to announce that our previous winners have gone on to achieve phenomenal success. You can read about some of their achievements here.
“I have since gone on to be named one of the Top 50 future leaders by the Financial Times and I am a finalist in the UK Diversity Legal Awards – (winners will be announced in November). I have spoken at many other events and will be speaking at Thomson Reuters and Huckletree this month. I truly believe in not kicking the ladder down and so I have nominated a whole heap of people for various awards in the last months!”
– Coleen Mensa, EY
The Rising Star awards recognise the achievements of women who are below Senior Management or Director level and therefore represent the female talent pipeline and the next generation of future leaders.
In previous years, the awards have been supported by an array of FTSE sponsors and this year is no different. We are proud to announce that this year’s award headline sponsors are The Times and The Sunday Times.
The Rising Star Awards are also supported by 3M, Accenture, Barclays, Bloomberg, C&C Search, Cancer Research UK, CMI, Deloitte, EDIT Development, HSBC, Jobbio, Kier, Lloyds Banking Group, Lloyd’s, Northern Trust, Reed Smith, Style Magazine. Additional sponsors and categories will be announced throughout January.
“I am constantly doing things to give back to the local community. I feel the fact that I am an award winner has given myself and the charity that I support a certain degree of clout. One major achievement that I am excited about is that I have been given the role of Advocate for all the carers in the Armed Forces, which means I am involved in writing MOD policy to support disabled people and carers, both as veterans and serving personnel. ”
– Rebecca Fyans, The Royal Navy
Alongside our Rising Star categories, we are also calling for nominations for Champions and a Company of the Year. Our Champion award recognises the achievements of five senior individuals, male or female, who are actively supporting the female pipeline outside of their day job. Nominations for this award are individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to gender, eg HeForShe supporters, Network Leaders, Directors, MD’s or C-Suite individuals who are championing women either inside or outside their organisations.
“I was really delighted to have been nominated for an award in the first place so to be shortlisted and then go on to win was a really fantastic feeling. It was my first awards evening and it felt so glamorous to travel down to London and walk into the Times offices. It was a wonderful evening and I made some great connections. I was completely ecstatic to have won and the award has pride of place on my office desk.”
– Emily Walker, LJMU
The Company of the Year award recognises the achievements of a company who can clearly demonstrate that they are actively supporting its female talent pipeline through their initiatives, training, development programmes and internal employee relations and diversity network groups.
Nominations will take place online via the Rising Stars website. For details of the criteria to enter the awards, click here.
Our 2019 winners, Rising Star alumni, judges, sponsors and supporters will be invited to a prestigious ceremony, held at Sheraton Grand Hotel, Park Lane, London on 03 July 2019.
The award’s celebration will give guests an opportunity to meet and network with other winners, sponsors and judges; enjoy a three-course meal, wine and champagne reception; and hear from live entertainment and inspiring speakers.
Tickets for this year’s event will be available to purchase from the Rising Star website. We will be announcing when tickets go on sale in due course.
Categories including in the 2018 Rising Star Awards are as follows:
- Rising Stars in Banking & Capital Markets, sponsored by Lloyds Banking Group
- Rising Stars in Creative Industries, sponsored by Style Magazine
- Rising Stars in Charity, sponsored by Cancer Research UK
- Rising Stars in Defence, sponsor TBA
- Rising Stars in Digital, sponsored by Barclays
- Rising Stars in Diversity, sponsored by HSBC
- Rising Stars EA & PA, sponsored by C&C Search
- Rising Stars in Education & Academia, sponsored by EDIT Development
- Rising Stars in Entrepreneurs & Startups, sponsored by finnCap
- Rising Stars in HR & Recruitment, sponsored by Jobbio
- Rising Stars in Insurance, sponsored by Lloyd’s of London
- Rising Stars in Investment Management, sponsored by Northern Trust
- Rising Stars in Law (The Lynne Freeman Award), sponsored by Reed Smith
- Rising Stars in Property, Construction & Facilities Management, sponsored by Kier
- Rising Stars in Professional Services, sponsored by Deloitte
- Rising Stars in Public Sector, sponsored by Government Equalities Office
- Rising Stars in PR & Communications, sponsor TBC
- Rising Stars in Science & Engineering, sponsored by 3M
- Rising Stars in Technology, sponsored by Accenture
- Rising Stars in All Other Industries, sponsor TBC
- Rising Star Champions, sponsored by CMI Women
- Company of the Year, sponsored by Bloomberg
- Nominations open: 01 February 2019
- Nominations close: 22 March 2019
- Shortlist announced and public vote*: 13 May 2019
- Public voting closes: 31 May 2019
- Winner’s announced at award’s ceremony: 03 July 2019
*There is no public vote of support for the Champion of the Year or Company of the Year award