Women 1st wants to transform the face of boards in hospitality, passenger transport, travel and tourism, and support women who aspire to senior leadership roles to fulfill their career ambitions.
While women make up almost 60% of the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism workforce, just six percent of board-level directors are female. In passenger transport, women make up just 25% of the entire workforce. This needs to change, and that’s where Women 1st comes in.
Women 1st is working to give women the skills, confidence and inspiration to go for more senior roles, help them build their personal networks and help organisations understand how and why they should support their female managers to reach the top.
Women 1st provides:
- Training – continuous professional development programmes that transform women’s leadership capabilities and give them the skills to take the next step in their career
- Mentoring – giving women personal advice and guidance from senior leaders they would not usually have access to
- Events – conference and networking events that bring women together to make valuable connections and be inspired by dynamic speakers
- Resources – The Little Book of Diversity is a practical guide to increasing the gender balance in your senior team
- Awards – the annual Shine Awards shine a light on the women that are making a difference in hospitality, passenger transport, travel and tourism
- Top 100 Club – a growing network of influential women to act as role models and ambassadors for future female leaders
- Thought leadership – encouraging people, businesses and media to talk about why there aren’t more women in senior positions, and how we can change it
- Consultancy –a bespoke service for businesses who want to improve their gender balance
Whether you want to move up to the next level in your career, share your own knowledge and experience, or develop female managers in your team, Women 1st can help. Visit www.women1st.co.uk for more details.
Women 1st is run by People 1st, the sector skills council for hospitality, passenger transport, travel and tourism.