WIN Ltd is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting, connecting and promoting women in business.
Led by a group of North East female entrepreneurs, we’ve taken ten years of award-winning activity in supporting women’s enterprise, and transformed this into a current, honest and ambitious network for female entrepreneurs and women in business. If this is you, please take a look around and see what’s on offer.
WIN aims to support, connect and promote our members by providing personalised and practical services, creating useful introductions and connections, and representing your business needs on a regional and national stage.
We welcome membership from a range of individuals, from women in the early stages of starting and growing their businesses, to those already running established and successful organisations, to those who want to increase their impact within employed roles. Our main focus is on the North East of England, but we are happy for members to join from anywhere in the UK or beyond, as we have a fast-evolving set of online services, and aim to make all of our main event presentations available online for those who can’t make it in person.
For private and public sector bodies wishing to show their support and provide development pathways for their female staff, we also provide group membership. And for existing membership groups and networks, there is a unique opportunity to collaborate through creating WIN micronetworks. This is an excellent and cost-free way to promote your group, increase your female membership, and deliver additional benefits to your existing members.
In terms of core member activities, these have been developed based on recent feedback from hundreds of women in business; and the detail of our events and activities are adjusted based on the specific real-time needs of our members. Overall, our monthly events and ezine, training programmes and online services provide a mixture of practical peer support, structured skills development, new business opportunities and real-life inspiration. See our why join page for more information.
Partners and sponsors also play a key role in WIN’s success. Through our members and our role globally in advancing women in business, we can provide a unique insight into the needs and capabilities of this group. For organisations that want to communicate with, learn from, or engage with women in business and female entrepreneurs there a number of commercial services we are able to offer.
As a member of WIN you’ll enjoy a range of personlised member services to support, connect and promote you and your business
These include monthly networking events, regular skills workshops, interest-led online communities, exclusive tender opportunities and specialist micronetworks. The specific topics we cover and the communities we build are based on your needs and interests, so you’ll also find a meaty profile section on our website to tell us what you want out of your membership—and of course what you don’t want!
WIN also provides representation for our members at regional and national policy level, and all members will have the opportunity to get involved in this—or indeed in the future development of WIN Ltd by applying to join our Board and Advisory Group.
Member services from the WIN team
The WIN team is here to organize and facilitate a range of online and face-to-face networking events to make sure you are connected to the people and organisations that will help you and your business to achieve success
- Free monthly ezine packed with events, news and offers for our members.
- Free attendance at monthly WIN events throughout the year (charge of £20+ for non-members).
- Free attendance at your choice of workshop on the WIN Networking Skills Programme (charges from £100 for non-members).
- Free entry in our online members directory, searchable by business location and sector, and promoted to stakeholders and businesses across the region. (Launching October/November 2009)
- Free use of interactive members area on our website, allowing you to find and network with other members near you or with similar interests.
- Free use of our events, news and WINipedia web pages, to promote your own events and / or offer discounts and opportunities to your fellow members.
- Free entry to North East Entrepreneur of the Year Award (non-members fee proposed for 2010).
- Members enquiry line available Monday to Friday (9-5) to answer any questions or queries you have around networking and wider support for your business.
- Opportunity for you to join or establish a dedicated micronetwork for your own geographic area, sector or special interest group (details available on request).
- Exclusive tender opportunities for you to provide a range of services to WIN from design and marketing, to event management, facilitation and specialist consultancy.
- Unique opportunities for you to engage in the development of policy and strategy surrounding women’s enterprise and female entrepreneurship.
- Membership to WIN also brings a massive raft of offers and discounts, please check out the offers page for latest information.
- Sound like something for you? Come join us.
- If there is anything else you’d like to see delivered by the WIN team, please let us know; we are 100% committed to organizing the events and activities that YOU need to help you achieve success on your terms.
Women Into The Network
Design Works, Felling, Gateshead, NE10 0JP
Tel: 0845 2699862
Click here to visit their website.