Gender balance in defence and security will not happen by chance.
It will require a concerted effort across the enterprise, changing the overall dynamics, making defence a better place for women and men and ultimately, improving the output of defence.
The Women In Defence UK Awards 2019 will be taking this year on November 19th and the Awards looks to celebrate the achievements of the individuals working to make a difference within defence and security.
The nominations for this year’s awards have now opened and so, if you know an individual who is working hard to make a difference in the defence industry, nominate them for one of the award categories, which includes:
- Inspirational Award
- Outstanding Contribution Award
- Most Collaborative Award
- Special Award (this category is for nominees whose achievements do not fit directly under one of the other categories)
- Emerging Talent Award
- Innovation Award
- Promotion of Gender Balance Award (also open to men)
- Unsung Heroines Award
- STEM in Defence Award (open to women, men and teams)
- Inclusive Teamwork Award (only open to teams)
Nominations are open until May 10th and you can find more information here.