BNY Mellon is a global financial services company passionate about helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets.
BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Overview of the Team:
EMEA AST provides technology services to line-of-business clients including Transfer Agency, Trust & Depository and Corporate Services. These services are provided via a range of vendor product solutions, bespoke developed in house applications, MI and integration components. In addition the function is developing creative business solutions to deliver the ‘next generation’ of financial services harnessing our Digital Ecosystem.
Overview of Role:
BNYM are looking for a dynamic individual to join their growing EMEA Asset Serving Technology (AST) Corporate Services department as a Lead Manager for Application Development. The successful candidate will manage a multi skill development team responsible for all development phases of the systems integration lifecycle, delivering solutions that add direct value to our large and diverse client base. A strong technology background is required as projects focus on integrating legacy systems with state-of-the-art modern platforms.
- Oversees EMEA AST Corporate Services application development which includes development, installation and maintenance of application programs
- Manages relationships with senior business and technology management across EMEA
- Interfaces regularly with program and project managers to ensure that teams are developing systems to meet their business needs and specifications
- Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies and able to apply appropriate methodologies according to project need
- Acts as an advocate for change; encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, improving their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Looks for opportunities to bring in fresh ideas and continuously improve development practices used.
Second level responsibility (delivered via the team):
- Responsible for delivering enterprise strength technology solutions utilising Java/J2EE/XML/SQL technologies
- Solid foundation skills with an in-depth knowledge across a range of premier technologies including Java J2EE, Angular JS, PL SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Unix, Linux
- Familiar with software engineering across the ‘Full Stack’ from infrastructure hosting through to business need
- Defines & improves development and quality standards and governs those standards, monitoring on an on-going basis
- Ensures that the function adheres to robust procedures for incident, problem and change management (E.g. ITIL protocols)
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
- A level of domain expertise in the financial services industry
- Background and track-record in delivering technology services at large financial institutions
- Advocate of Agile engineering principles and familiarisation of working in geographically dispersed teams
- Implementing best-practice development procedures suitable for large-corporates
- Engaging with senior technologist on a range of strategic architecture and infrastructure initiatives
- Performance managing the development team to optimize their delivery output
- Collaborating with teams across multiple locations and time-zones
- Monitoring formal build management processes as part of a wider corporate project delivery life-cycle
- Overseeing quality gates for key development project phases
- Ensuring development changes do not impact production resilience and stability
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a good general understanding of investment management and the role of asset servicing businesses including transfer agency, fund accounting and custody
- Can demonstrate success in managing teams with these skills:
- Core development experience in Java or equivalent technologies across the Full Stack
- Strong relational database experience (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Working knowledge of best-practice ETL and reporting tools e.g. Informatica, Business Objects, SSIS/SSRS
- Experience of test driven development, automated build tools and continuous integration (Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus etc.)
- Object-orientated analysis and design utilizing UML standards
- Data modelling including meta-data, logical and physical
- Release management and version control inc. GIT/Harvest/Mavern
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.