Carry out new ways of managing and coordinating the fac reinsurance purchasing within AGCS. Support development of metrics and processes that allow an evaluation of each fac contract that is purchased by AGCS, including the understanding of the natural peril exposure within each contract.
- Handle the reinsurance market cycle
- Overcome LoB/unit thinking and build holistic / total balance sheet mindset to drive improved reinsurance decision making
- Support development of understanding of new concepts (capital markets)
- Oversee projects to improve the data collection of the fac purchasing within AGCS. Analyze the resulting data and make strategic recommendations as to how the fac purchasing within AGCS can be improved and optimized. Oversee implementation of any such recommendations agreed by the AGCS Board. Work with CUO LoB Heads together in order to create proper understanding of exposure, and support the purchase of appropriate coverage for individual and portfolio type risks.
- Analyze and evaluate the cat risk transferred to third parties through fac reinsurance and make recommendations to optimize this purchasing.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Risk Management, Actuarial, Claims) with respect to fac placements.
- Achieve best terms and conditions in facultative reinsurance placements, and where appropriate develop innovative reinsurance solutions responding to the goals and objectives of AGCS.
- Secure contract certainty and alignment of reinsurance conditions with underlying business; Ensure complete and compliant facultative reinsurance cessions.
- Significant experience in industrial Underwriting and Reinsurance management position, with deep understanding of reinsurance practice
- Expert knowledge of reinsurance instruments, underlying business and Actuarial / Risk Capital requirements
- Technical and practical background in one industrial insurance LoB, general understanding of all major LoBs and a robust understanding of actuarial principles and practices
- Experience of working internationally
- Degree in mathematics, finance, business administration or other area that involves a strong focus on quantitative analysis
- Completion of relevant professional insurance qualification
- Reinsurance Portfolio: manage the portfolio, monitor appropriate investments and allocate funds accordingly; analyze trends and scenario plans
- Pricing: analyze current performance against various benchmarks with a view to ensure adequate progress and satisfactory performance
- Contract Drafting and Interpretation: design, develop and implement consistent, robust global reinsurance wordings
- Risk Reward, Underwriting and Actuarial: ability to evaluate risk reward effects of reinsurance, e.g. impact on P&L and capital position of company
- Communication & Presentation: ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally. Ability to “sell” an improvised or prepared audience winning story
- Analytical Skills: ability to analyze highly complex data, from multiple sources, in detail; identify and resolve issues before they transpire
- Stakeholder Management: ability to develop and positively influence key, strategic position holders across locations and functions
At Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with global challenges at the world’s leading P&C insurer.
Did you know Allianz insures more than half of the Fortune Global 500® companies, or that AGCS insures major movie productions, cyber security threats, and that we are the leading specialist in satellite and space insurance?
We have offices in 29 countries and with our extensive Allianz and partner network we help customers in more than 160 countries worldwide.
At AGCS UK we are not only impressive for our clients, but also for our employees as we offer the following generous benefits:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Generous pension contributions
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity, shared parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Subsidized on-site massages
- 25% off Allianz Insurance products
- Employee stock purchase plan for Allianz shares
- Education / study sponsorship
- Global mobility within AGCS and the wider Allianz Group
…and many more individual flexible benefits to choose from. We pride ourselves on our approach to wellbeing and provide regular seminars, activities, and events devoted towards the overall health of our employees.
AGCS is dedicated to offering its employees an environment open for learning and development and hosts its own Underwriting Academy to drive continued excellence in underwriting and to better understand and serve our clients’ needs.