As a Career Coach, my number one objective for every client is their ultimate career success.
Via my coaching, all of my clients are empowered to become the absolute best version of their professional selves that they can be. Also, what they learn through coaching, will provide them with skills that they can use at any time they need in the future.
So not only will career coaching elevate them to the ultimate career success BUT it will also enable the client to thrive in the future situations.
How awesome is that?
Coaching in the strictest sense is a questioning process: quite simply the coach will ask their client questions to enable them to find the clarity they need to establish what their next steps need to be. So technically, any qualified coach should be able to coach ANY client on ANY topic.
BUT, by using a career coach, someone like me, a client is going to get the result they desire a whole lot quicker, smoother and definitely more powerfully!!
Because a good career coach will have had a successful career prior to coaching, so they can firmly put themselves in their client’s shoes and associate with their client more closely and realistically.
There is nothing worse than coming up with a career plan via a coach, only to realise that the plan is not practical or realistic.
So, when you’re picking a career coach, ensure you do your due diligence on them.
- They’re a qualified coach.
- They’ve had a successful career prior to coaching.
- They’re good! What do their testimonials say?
- Finally, don’t sign up to huge packages initially. You need to ensure you’ve got the right chemistry.
Ok, so what benefits is a career coach going to bring to you?
- Career success far more quickly than you could do on your own. A good coach will have the ability to zone in on what you need to work on.
- Take you to a level of success you simply would not have achieved on your own.
- Build your confidence.
- Smooth off your rough career edges.
- Bring you clarity.
- Bring you a practical yet powerful career strategy plan.
- Motivate you.
- Support you.
- Provide an invaluable independent (non- emotional) perspective.
- Give you career skills and exercises that you can rely on for the rest of your life.
- Ensure promotion after promotion.
- Help you negotiate and achieve a higher salary and bonus.
- Enable you to handle work stress easily.
- Help you form better professional relationships.
- Enhance your professional reputation.
So, what are you waiting for?!
About the author
Gemma McCrae is a leading Life Coach, Career Coach, Podcaster and the owner of Prosperity Kitchen.
She did the corporate thing and had an extremely successful career in real estate in both London and the Middle East. Her successes in business were phenomenal and enabled her to pursue a career change and realise her true dream of helping people lead happier, healthier and more prosperous lives.
Hence the birth of her business, Prosperity Kitchen and her award-winning Podcast.
She holds a BSc (Hons) in Estate Management, is a Chartered Surveyor and an Accredited Practitioner Coach with the IAPC&M – the only government approved coaching body in the UK.
She is lucky to be regularly featured in the national press and have become one of the “go to” people on Life Coaching & Business Coaching in the UK.
Gemma counts VIPs, High Net Worth Individuals, Entrepreneurs, Career Professionals, Stay at Home Mums and all manner of other amazing people as her clients.
Gemma specialises in Personal Development, Career Coaching, Confidence, Motivation and Small Business Coaching.
She lives in Newbury, England with her husband Jason and daughter Florence with another baby on the way.