BNY Mellon are currently seeking for a Head of EMEA Markets Compliance based in their London offices. Offering an excellent salary and benefits package, this role is a full time position.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon’s businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
Compliance has a key responsibility as a 2nd Line of Defence function providing advisory, monitoring, training, oversight & challenge to the business functions.
Manage the relevant Markets Group Compliance activities across EMEA. Ensure business line and business partner functions are provided with accurate and timely advice of regulatory compliance issues. Work with business units/business partner functions to help them deal with the impact of regulatory changes and to manage the company’s relationship with relevant regulators and seek to embed a compliance culture throughout the organisation.
- Manage the EMEA Markets Group Compliance team. This includes providing technical advice on the application of financial services regulation to relevant business lines (excluding CASS, AML, T&D, Sanctions) and execute the monitoring for Markets in conjunction with the EMEA Compliance monitoring team; Surveillance may be included subject to resolution of the surveillance model to be utilised across Markets Group in EMEA
- Work with business lines and business partner functions to help them deal with the impact of regulatory change and to help them develop and implement policies and procedures to accommodate regulatory change.
- Manage and oversee the control process validation to help ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Support the business in managing BNY Mellon’s relationship with relevant regulators, including overseeing the provision of information to the regulators and responding to reports issued by regulators. Subject to regulatory approval & adequate resourcing, perform the role of CF10 (Compliance Oversight) under the FCA’s Approved Person’s regime for BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Ltd. The CF10 role is focused on the advisory aspects of regulatory compliance and excludes responsibility for oversight of CASS Compliance.
- Alongside respective regional compliance heads manage staff within the EMEA Markets Group Compliance. Minimise attrition and seek to deepen the skills base of the team and raise their profile.
- Ensure representation of Compliance issues and provide appropriate challenge at relevant internal/external clients including, but not limited to, CaML Board meetings and the CaML Operating Committee, EMEA Markets Group Business Risk Committee.
- Subject to adequate staffing oversee the EMEA Global Markets Compliance group’s involvement in business led projects, ensuring timely and robust input and challenge by group members.
- Represent Compliance and providing appropriate challenge at relevant internal/external clients including, but not limited to, relevant BK firm Board meetings.
- Provide Compliance support to business and corporate projects as required, including those relating to regional governance, acquisitions/divestitures, remuneration, and new tax initiatives etc.
- Contribute to the effective governance of the EMEA region. Play an active role in regional committees and local boards, offering constructive challenge and helping to support the Committee/Board fulfil its role and responsibilities for those they are a member. Where the job holder acts as a Chair of a Board/Committee, ensure the Board/Committee is effective in all aspects of its role, facilitate and encourage informed and constructive debate on key issues and ensure that members receive relevant management information in an accurate, timely and clear form.
- Help to ensure that a strong governance culture is embedded within the region, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
- Build a good understanding of the EMEA governance framework, including escalation requirements, and ensure there is clear, appropriate and evidenced apportionment of responsibilities amongst staff members for whom the job holder has management responsibility.
Generic Staff Responsibilities
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer (as appropriate) immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
EMEA Committee Memberships, Board Directorships & Other Positions
EMEA Committee Memberships
- BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Ltd Operating Committee.
- CaML Capital & Stress Testing Committee.
- CaML Best Execution Committee
Other Positions (Regulatory / Other)
- (Subject to regulatory approval) FCA CF 10 (Compliance Oversight) – BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Ltd.
Shared Values and Core Competencies
- Client Focus – demonstrates clear understanding of importance of effective customer service, internally and externally
- Trust – evidences high standards of integrity and openness
- Teamwork – demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of a team, a collaborative style, and understands the value of diversity
- “Outperformance” – evidences the ability to exceed expectations of others
- Global Acumen – Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization’s global strategy
- Establishing Strategic Direction – Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analyzing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values
- Developing Strategic Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
- Building Organisational Talent – Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
- Change Leadership – Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities
- Client Orientation – Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities
- Driving Execution – Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.